Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So love the people who treat you right. Forgive the ones who didn't. Believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it! If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said it would be easy. They just promised it would be worth it.

Monday, August 15, 2011

Time alone...

Well, if you cannot tell by my sudden lack of blogs, I have been a very busy lady. Since it is summer time, the shop itself isn't busy, but everyone is taking time off for vacations. Not to complain, but when the other girls go off, especially when going on trips together, it means I get to be the one to pick up that slack. For the last month or so I have been working 6 days a week, but have been able to keep it under 40 hours somehow. I usually leave early and don't do anything work related when I get home. I have also been trying to finish up wedding things, but being at work all the time, then coming home exhausted and not wanting to move from the couch doesn't help get anything done.

Dave and the boys went to see their friend Tyler and help him celebrate his birthday this last weekend, and since I had to work, I had to stay home by myself. Friday night a few of the girls from work came over and we ate brownies and watched a movie. It was nice to have the company.

Even though I didn't get Saturday off, I only worked a few hours in the morning, then I had the rest of the day off. I wasn't really sure what to do with myself... so I just started doing the things I wanted to. (I realized at the end of the day, that this is what I did all day, and it was WONDERFUL. I didn't have to do anything for anyone else, eat what others wanted to eat, or entertain anyone but myself.) So I ate. And ate again. Watched some Netflix while eating. Then I took a nap. Then I showered (with the door open). I called my sister. I got ready to go see a movie by myself, but I ended up driving to the coast. I watched the sunset by myself. Drove back from the coast, following the light of the BIG FULL MOON. Ate fast food while driving. Watched more Netflix until I fell asleep on the couch.

I totally needed that time to myself. I wasn't lonely at all... I was a little bored though. It's not often that I have time alone to spend doing things for myself, instead of working or cleaning.

In a few weeks, Dave will be gone backpacking with his dad for a week, so I will be alone again (but I am scheduled to work six days and OVER 40 hours that week). Should be good. :)

No comments: