Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So love the people who treat you right. Forgive the ones who didn't. Believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it! If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said it would be easy. They just promised it would be worth it.

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

I'm back!

Yes, yes, I know.  I haven't been blogging.  At all.  Well with the wedding coming and going quickly... and all the events leading up to it, and all the plans we had after it... it was just super busy.  Still is.  I will wait until we get our pictures back to be reminiscent (which should be by the end of the month...)  So until then... here's what is going on...

We had a romantic weekend in Cannon Beach for our "honeymoon" a few weeks ago (it was also to celebrate that a year ago we got engaged... at the beach...)  Our good friends Jody and Brian Page got us the weekend as a wedding gift.  They were in Seaside the same weekend, celebrating their 27th wedding anniversary (it's the day before our wedding).  We spent Saturday night with them watching the Beaver game on TV and going to dinner.  It was super fun!


Dave found multiple items with lighthouses in the bathroom at Brian and Jody's condo in Seaside


Haystack!

The next weekend was Halloween weekend.  I ended up being a zombie "Cheerio" (the cheerleaders from Glee... I LOVE Glee!  I want to be able to bust out in song like they do...)  And Dave was zombie "business man."  We had friends over for a fun little shindig.  I even baked 4 dozen pumpkin cupcakes for the occasion and decorated them all cute!

Dave said this picture was really scary... :)






As many of you know, I am the manager of a local coffee shop, which keeps me extra busy.  It was an honor to find out that readers of the Mid-Valley Newspapers voted Coffee Culture as "Best Coffee Shop" in all the land!  The sign below is now proudly posted in our front window.  (Side note that might make you smile:  we are now serving eggnog.  I tried to resist as long as I could.  I had a sweet older woman ask me today... "Do you have... well, I guess it may turn to scrambled eggs, but could you make an eggnog steamer?!"  It was the customer quote of the day.  And the answer is yes, we can make them. No, it won't turn into scrambled eggs.  Yes, it is delicious, especially with whip cream on top.)



Dave and I have made it to a few home football games.  Lucky for us, we know people.  Lots of people.  For the Stanford game, we were given really close seats on the 50 yard line.  It was a great game, even though we should have won. :(



Finally, the Subaru has been fitted with new "shoes."  Instead of the playful, summer-y gold wheels that were on before, she now wears these WRX, gunmetal grey wheels, equipped with winter tires and black lugs.  Some of you may have heard that I sold my car (BIG sad face).  I knew it was time to give her up, and we only need one car right now anyway.  So now Subbie is my daily driver and Dave gets to drive... I mean ride... his bike to class.  I did, however, get him some really nice rain gear with the money I got from selling my car, and I let him drive whenever we go anywhere together.


So that's what's up.

I also had the idea to start a barista blog... just to catalog all the crazy things that happen to me every day... we will see... I can barely keep up with this one!

No comments: